Large maroon-colored research institution in Texas
- Instructional Designer, June 4 2012 – present.
- Job tasks include conducting faculty consults to match technologies to teaching needs, developing media-rich learning objects, evaluating Web 2.0 tools for potential classroom use, assisting faculty to implement pedagogic best practices including rubrics and classroom assessment techniques. 100% of my workload is devoted to Core Curriculum Grant, which asks faculty to write proposals for highly innovative uses of technology in core classes. My expertise, available at no cost to grant faculty, helps transition the proposed innovations into classroom realities.
Massive online university in Maryland
- Instructional Support Specialist, January 2009 – present.
- Job tasks include developing web pages and sites, developing Flash animations and applications, creating graphics for online and casual print use, evaluating Web 2.0 tools for potential educational use, developing content for Second Life, training faculty to use MOUM’s proprietary LMS, recommending and implementing technical/pedagogic solutions for using wikis in the classroom.
Community college in Dallas
- Faculty, 2002 – December 2008. Web Design Coordinator.
- Adjunct Faculty, 1995 – 2002.
- Courses included MS Office classes, Web Server Management, Web Page Design I & II, eCommerce, Multimedia I & II, Portfolio.
Public women’s university in Texas
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, 1993.
- Responsibilities included proctoring tests, evaluating educational software, taking attendance, grading student homework and exams.
- LMSs: Blackboard, WebCT, Moodle, WebTycho
- Learning Objects: Storyline, Lectora, Captivate, SoftChalk, iSpring, Respondus,
- Graphics: Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks
- Audio: Audacity, SoundBooth, Garageband
- Video: Premiere, AfterEffects, iMovie
- Animation: Flash, Director
- Programming: ActionScript, PHP, ASP, ColdFusion, Lingo
- 3D: SecondLife, SketchUp, Poser
- University of North Texas
- MS Education, concentration in Instructional Design (2002)
- Texas Woman’s University
- BS History (1992)
Graduate Studies in History and Library Science
- North Lake College
- AAS Personal Computer Support (2003)
- Texas Distance Learning Association
- eLearning Guild
- Second Life Committee. As a member of this ongoing project I developed the blueprint for our island, terraformed the island, assisted with island purchase process, developed the initial island budget, and prototyped several builds.
- Wildfire Mentor Team. This team, composed of faculty from across the college, trains and mentors peers in the use of technology in the classroom. As a team member I have lead training sessions for Blackboard I & II, QualityMatters, SoftChalk, WIMBA, the Blackboard Content Collection, and Respondus. I have also designed and delivered training in eBooks, Podcasting, blogs and wikis, and the eXe editor.
- Teaching-Learning Team, DCCCD. 2008
Campus Innovator of the Year team award. Group responsible for introducing teaching innovations to the college. As a founding team member I routinely trained faculty in active learning and technology-enhanced teaching, developed training programs, drafted proposals, developed marketing items including brochures and posters, designed and maintained the team Website, and played an important role in all goal-setting and planning sessions. Committee members serve two years with 20% release; I was asked to serve an additional year.
- Other committees include the Internet Policy Committee, the eCommerce Curriculum Committee, Smart Classrooms Committee, and the Organizational Learning Committee.